Consulate General of IndiaChicago
Serving the states of : Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Aadhar Card/ Permanent Account Number (PAN) -Income Tax
For getting the Aadhaar Card and to know the process, please visit the webpage of Unique Identification Authority of India. The link for the same is provided below for your convenience.
Kindly note that Consulate does not issue the Aadhar Cards.
Permanent Account Number (PAN) -Income Tax
Permanent Account Number (PAN) has become a very important tool to the Income Tax Department of India in tracking high value transactions and ensuring compliance with the tax laws. Mentioning of PAN has become mandatory in most commercial and financial transactions.
For an overview of the PAN CARD application, please click here:
To apply for PAN CARD- Please apply through the following website links:
- The Application for allotment of PAN can be made online either through the portal of National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL)
- Or portal of UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited (UTITSL)
The charges for applying for PAN online are Rs.94 from Indian communication address and Rs.944 for any foreign communication address. Payment of application fee can be made through credit/ debit card online.
Once the Application and payment are accepted by NSDL/UTITSL, the applicant is required to send the supporting documents through post to NSDL/UTITSL. after getting them attested by the Consulate.
You may submit the following if you need the PAN Card application to be attested by the consulate.
- Miscellaneous Services Form - Download and complete the Miscellaneous Application form
- Pan Application
- Original Passport
- For Indian Passport holders- Visa status
- Proof of residence: Any ONE of these
- U.S Driver’s license
- PG&E, Water or landline telephone bill displaying applicant’s address
- House Lease Agreement
- State Identification Card
IF SUBMITTING IN PERSON: Carry all the above-mentioned documents in original and a copy of the same. No need to get them notarized if you are submitting in person.
Fee: 13$ Fee per attestation. You can pay by cash.
IF SUBMITTING BY MAIL: Please get a copy of all the above-mentioned documents, notarize them and mail it to the consulate along with a pre-stamped, self-addressed envelope.
Fee: 13 $ fee per attestation. It should be paid through Money order or Cashiers’ cheque drawn in favor of the ‘Consulate General of India, Chicago.’ Personal cheques, debit cards, credit cards or other banking instruments are not accepted.
For detailed procedure and guidelines, required documents and download of form 49AA for PAN allotment, please refer to either of portal of NSDL/UTITSL or visit website www.incometaxindia.gov.in
PLEASE NOTE: The Consulate General of India, Chicago cannot issue PAN cards or Aadhar cards.
If you need to apply for PAN card kindly apply on the above-mentioned websites.
The consulate can only attest the documents required to apply for PAN cards.
- Aadhar Card/ Permanent Account Number (PAN) -Income Tax
- Affidavit For Child's Passport To Be Issued In India
- Attestation Of Will
- Birth Certificate or Non Availablity of Birth Certificate
- Emergency Certificate (EC)
- Global Entry Program (GEP) For Indian nationals
- ICWF Fee
- Life Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- NRI Certificate
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Permit to Carry Mortal Remains / Ashes /Attestation of Death Certificate
- Power Of Attorney
- Registration Of Birth
- Solemnization/Registration of Marriage