Consulate General of IndiaChicago
Serving the states of : Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
VANDE BHARAT MISSION Advisory for Indian nationals/ permitted categories of Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) card holders travelling to India by non-scheduled commercial flightsJune 08, 2020
Consulate General of India
VANDE BHARAT MISSION
Advisory for Indian nationals/ permitted categories of Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) card holders travelling to India by non-scheduled commercial flights
1. The Government of India has decided to operate additional Air India non-scheduled commercial flights from the U.S. to various cities in India under Vande Bharat Mission (VBM) in Phase III from 11 June to 1 July, 2020.
2. Tickets for Phase-III special flights may be booked directly on Air India website for flights starting from 11 June2020 [http://www.airindia.in/]. Tickets will be available online effective from 1030 Hrs EDT on 8 June 2020.
3. The updated flight schedule for Phase-III is available on Air India website [http://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/Corrected-Copy-of-Mission-Vande-phase-3-schedule-1.pdf].
4. Only those Indian nationals and OCI Cardholders with compelling cases and registered with the Embassy/Consulates will be eligible to travel on Vande Bharat Mission special flights to India.
With the compelling cases such as those facing medical emergencies or requiring return due to bereavement in the family, students, pregnant women, elderly or those facing expiry of visas.
Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) card holders:
Minor children born to Indian nationals abroad and holding OCI cards.
OCI cardholders who wish to come to India on account of family emergencies like death in family.
Couples where one spouse is an OCI cardholder and the other is an Indian national and they have a permanent residence in India.
University students who are OCI cardholders (not legally minors) but whose parents are Indian citizens living in India.
[Note: The OCI cardholders falling into one of the categories mentioned above will not require any fresh emergency visa].
5. Stranded Indian nationals in US, desirous of availing special VBM flights to India, and have not yet registered with the Embassy/Consulate at (https://indianembassyusa.gov.in/reg_indian_nationals) are advised to do so at the earliest.
6. Permitted categories of the OCI Cardholders in US, desirous of availing special VBM flights to India, and have not yet registered with the Embassy/Consulate at (https://indianembassyusa.gov.in/reg_oci_indian_nationals) are advised to do so at the earliest.
7. The cost of travel from designated airport in the USA to the designated airport in India will be borne by the passenger.
8. All passengers will be required to undergo medical screening before boarding the flight and only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to travel.
9. All passengers availing special VBM flights will have to undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days as stipulated in the Ministry of Home Affairs order dated 24 May 2020.[https://www.mha.gov.in/sites/default/files/
MHAOrderDt24052020forspecifiedpersonstotravelabroad.pdf] and sign an Undertaking before boarding the flight.
10. All passengers on arrival in India will be medically screened and would have to download and register on ArogyaSetu app.
11. All passengers will have to follow the protocols and procedures including Health Protocols issued by the Government of the USA on departure and by the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Civil Aviation and other concerned authorities of Government of India before, during the journey and on arrival in India.
12. All passengers will be required to sign an Undertaking (Download Undertaking Form), which will be collected from them at the airport before boarding the flight.
7 June 2020
Latest Notice and Alerts
- June 27, 2020 : Hon'ble External Affairs Minister's Message on Passport Seva Divas 2020
- June 16, 2020 : Updated advisory on requirements for visa and travel to India
- May 28, 2020 : Press Release - Extension of last date for getting OCI Card re-issued to 31st December 2020
- May 28, 2020 : Press Release- Resumption of Passport Services/Consular matters/OCI and Renunciation of Indian Citizenship