Consulate General of IndiaChicago
Serving the states of : Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Advisory for Indian Nationals in USA – COVID 19March 21, 2020
Advisory for Indian Nationals in USA – COVID 19 (Update: 20 March 2020)
According to the latest Travel Advisory, no international commercial passenger aircrafts will be allowed into India from midnight of 22 March, 2020 to 29 March, 2020. (https://indianembassyusa.gov.in/pdf/news/pressreleasse_18mar.pdf)
In view of these travel restrictions, all Indian nationals are advised to:
- Stay safe and isolated within the residential premises and follow the advisories updated on CDC web site https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/ and other state and federal advisories relevant to COVID19.
- Please follow social distancing norms and avoid any non-essential local travel.
- Approach the local health department officials in case you or your family member(s) experience any of the symptoms mentioned in the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
- For extension of visa in the US during this restriction period, please refer to USCIS website https://www.uscis.gov/visit-united-states/extend-your-stay
- Please also continue to check the website of the Embassy of India in Washington DC (www.indianembassyusa.gov.in) and social media (Twitter & Facebook ) for latest updates. In case required, please contact the Indian Embassy or one of Indian Consulates depending upon your location in the US at the 24/7 helpline details mentioned below.
Latest Notice and Alerts
- March 27, 2020 : Additional Advisory for Indian Nationals in USA-COVID-19
- March 25, 2020 : Advisory on OCI/Passport services
- March 20, 2020 : Additional Travel Advisory - March 19, 2020
- March 20, 2020 : Press Information Bureau Govt. of India