Consulate General of IndiaChicago
Serving the states of : Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Re-issuance of International Driving Permit (IDP)February 12, 2021
Consulate General of India
1. Re-issuance of International Driving Permit (IDP) has been included as one of the Consular Services with effect from 15 February 2021.
2. For this, the applicant will be required to visit the Consulate and fill the Miscellaneous Consular Service (MCS) form. The requisite documents to provided along with the MCS Form are as below:
- Miscellaneous Application form
- Passport Original with photocopy
- One Passport Size photographs (2 inches X2 inches)
- Original IDP (expired) with photocopy
- Valid Domestic Driving License issued by the concerned authority in India with a photocopy
- Original US Residence Permit/Work Permit with photocopy
- US residence address proof
3. The Consulate will be charging a fee of US$10.00 + Indian Community Welfare Charges (ICWF) charges of US$2.00 and will issue a proper receipt against this payment. The fee should be paid through two separate Money orders or Cashiers' cheques drawn in favor of the 'Consulate General of India, Chicago’. Cash, personal cheques and personal money orders, debit / credit cards or other banking instruments will not be accepted.
4. After obtaining the receipt from the Consulate, applicant has to directly apply for fresh issue of IDP through the portal www.parivahan.gov.in and need to upload the requisite documents, including the receipt issued by the Consulate and pay the requisite fee online on the web portal. On receipt of application through the portal, the licencing authority, on verification of the documents, shall issue of the IDP and shall courier it directly to the address of the applicant.
11 February 2021
Latest Notice and Alerts
- July 13, 2021 : Start of limited in-person appointments to be given by VFS Global to applicants for Passport, OCI, PCC and GEP
- July 10, 2021 : Quick Guide for Applicants regarding the requirement of Photograph for Indian Passport
- July 03, 2021 : 1st Indo-Pacific Business Summit (06-08 July 2021)
- July 02, 2021 : 14th Indian Fashion Jewellery & Accessories Show (IFJAS) 2021