Consulate General of IndiaChicago
Serving the states of : Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Relaxation in OCI Guidelines till 31 December 2021March 30, 2021
Consulate General of India
Relaxation in OCI Guidelines till 31 December 2021
1.As per existing OCI guidelines, the OCI card needs to be re-issued:
- each time a new passport is acquired by the cardholder up to the age of 20 years.
- once on acquiring a new passport after completing 50 years of age.
2. The Government of India has decided to grant further extension of time till 31 December 2021 to get the OCI cards re-issued in accordance with above guidelines.
3. Separately, the requirement of carrying both old and new passports, along with the OCI card, has been done away with. Henceforth, an OCI cardholder, having an OCI card bearing old passport number, can travel to India with the current passport and is NOT required to carry the old passport.
30 March 2021
Latest Notice and Alerts
- April 14, 2021 : Simplification of procedure for submission of OCI Card application
- April 10, 2021 : Restoration of e - Visas
- March 23, 2021 : ICCR Scholarship Scheme for Indian Culture 2021-2022
- March 19, 2021 : ICCR new Fellowship Scheme - "Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Fellowship for Music"