Consulate General of IndiaChicago
Serving the states of : Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Start of limited in-person appointments to be given by VFS Global to applicants for Passport, OCI, PCC and GEPJuly 13, 2021
Consulate General of India
Submission of In-person applications at VFS Centre
1. With effect from 15 July 2021, VFS Global, the Outsourcing Service Provider for consular services for the Consulate General of India, Chicago will start accepting in-person applications for Passport, OCI, Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) and Global Entry Program (GEP) services at its center with prior appointment only (The current practice of accepting the applications by Mail will also continue).
2. An applicant is required to visit the VFS Global website https://services.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind/ for online submission of applications (at the Government of India portal) for respective services. Thereafter, he/she can make an appointment for in-person submission of applications at the VFS Indian Consular Application Centre located at 180 N. Stetson Avenue, 20th Floor, Suite No. 2075, Chicago, IL 60601. At this stage, the applicant is required to pay the service charge of US$ 15.90 to VFS Global by cashier cheque or money order in favour of “VFS Global (USA) Inc.” or by Credit/Debit Card. Other charges, i.e., the Government of India fee and the ICWF charges and for optional services (e.g. for return courier), if any, will need to be paid at the VFS Center. The applicants are advised to carry all the required documentation to VFS Global as per the check-lists for the respective services at the scheduled time of appointment.
13 July 2021
Latest Notice and Alerts
- July 10, 2021 : Quick Guide for Applicants regarding the requirement of Photograph for Indian Passport
- July 03, 2021 : 1st Indo-Pacific Business Summit (06-08 July 2021)
- July 02, 2021 : 14th Indian Fashion Jewellery & Accessories Show (IFJAS) 2021
- June 24, 2021 : Message from Dr. S Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister of India on the occasion of Passport Seva Divas.