Consulate General of IndiaChicago
Serving the states of : Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
The Government of India, from time to time, has revoked the ban on several categories of visas for travel to India, which were earlier put in place due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
It may also be noted that CKGS is no longer the service provider for the Embassy of India, Washington DC, or it’s Consulates in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, New York and San Francisco. The details of currently permitted categories are available at https://www.indianembassyusa.gov.in/extra?id=77
Applicants requiring to travel to India are requested to visit https://www.indianembassyusa.gov.in/extra?id=60 and contact the correct office, i.e. the Embassy of India, Washington DC or the Consulates at Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, New York or San Francisco.
Applicants residing in the consular jurisdiction [Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota] of the Consulate General of India, Chicago and requiring urgent travel to India are requested to contact the Consulate by email to email@example.com to initiate the visa process.
For US diplomatic and official passport holders, please contact the Special Issuance Agency of the Department of State for procedure/guidance.
For any queries regarding visa matter for India, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It may also be noted that due to the ongoing Covid pandemic, there will be no walk-in service at VFS Global until further notice. All applications shall only be dealt with by post.
- Complaints and Suggestions
- Emergency Certificate (EC)
- eTourist Visa
- Miscellaneous Services
- Aadhar Card / Pan Card
- Affidavit For Child's Passport To Be Issued In India
- Attestation Of Will
- Attestation Services
- Birth Certificate or Non Availablity of Birth Certificate
- Global Entry Program (GEP) For Indian nationals
- ICWF Fee
- Life Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- No Obligation To Return To India(NORI)
- NOC For Transportation of Mortal Remains and Ashes
- NRI Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) of Foreign Nationals
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) of Indian Nationals
- Power Of Attorney
- Registration Of Birth
- Registration of Marriages already solemnized in USA
- Passport Services
- Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Certificate/ Declaration of Renunciation of Citizenship of India