Consulate General of IndiaChicago
Serving the states of : Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Note : eTourist Visa is directly granted by the authorities in India
eTourist Visa (eTV) scheme – The Government of India has launched eTourist Visa - enabled with Electronic Travel Authorization scheme on November 27, 2014 for citizens of 43 countries, including the United States of America. Details of the scheme are available on the dedicated website created for this purpose: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html. The purpose of the visit may range from tourism, casual business visit, short term medical treatment or a visit to meet friends and relatives.
The eTV facility is in addition to the existing Visa services being provided through the Consulate General of India, Chicago.
2. The US Citizens can apply online for eTourist Visa (twice a year, each visit not exceeding 30 days, visa duration non-extendable) permission for which shall be granted through email. The applicant is expected to take a print of this email (which is the Electronic Travel Authorization for eTourist Visa) and can travel to India through 9 designated international airports (Bangalore, Chennai, Kochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Thiruvananthapuram). The eTV scheme entails capture of biometric data of the visitor on arrival at the airport.
3. Applicants requiring help may call the helpline number (+91-11-24300666) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries in connection with applying for eTV.
- Complaints and Suggestions
- eTourist Visa
- Miscellaneous Services
- Aadhar Card/ Permanent Account Number (PAN) -Income Tax
- Affidavit For Child's Passport To Be Issued In India
- Attestation Of Will
- Birth Certificate or Non Availablity of Birth Certificate
- Emergency Certificate (EC)
- Global Entry Program (GEP) For Indian nationals
- ICWF Fee
- Life Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- NRI Certificate
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Permit to Carry Mortal Remains / Ashes /Attestation of Death Certificate
- Power Of Attorney
- Registration Of Birth
- Solemnization/Registration of Marriage
- Passport Services
- Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Certificate/ Declaration of Renunciation of Citizenship of India