Consulate General of IndiaChicago
Serving the states of : Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) of Foreign Nationals
Consulate General of Indian serves the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin. Only the applicants residing in these states are eligible to apply at this Consulate.
Any queries / clarifications regarding PCC may please be sent at email address : firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Miscellaneous Services – PCC”. The applicants must provide full facts and details of the case while writing the e-mail. The applicants are also required to provide their complete contact details (along-with their reachable contact number) so that they may be contacted accordingly while addressing their issues.
PCCs, as per the current government of India guidelines, would be issued only after receiving clearances from the respective Police authorities in India. Therefore, applicants may please note that there could be delay, which is beyond Consulate’s control, for issuance of PCC.
Applying through postal means:
1. Download the Miscellaneous Application form. Fill and sign the application form. In case of those who can not sign, provide thumb impression (Right Hand Thumb Impression for female and left hand thumb impression for male). Each applicant is required to fill up separate Miscellaneous Application form and affix his/her recent passport size photograph.
2. Applicants have to download and fill the entry/exit form and have to enclose the supporting documents listed below:
a) Notarized copy of current valid passport
b) Notarized copy of valid US visa status (for non US Nationals). (see list of documents which are accepted at notes section below) .
c) Notarized copy of proof of address: (see list of documents which are accepted at notes section below).
d) A self-addressed traceable pre-paid return mailing envelope (USPS 'Express Mail' or FEDEX, UPS etc.) to receive the attested documents back by post.
3. Fee: (the fee given below includes USD 2/- ICWF contribution)
USD 42/-. The fee charged is non-refundable. Fee should be paid through Money order or Cashiers' cheque drawn in favor of the 'Consulate General of India, Chicago’. Cash, personal cheques, debit / credit cards or other banking instruments are not accepted.
4. Application set complete with all the listed documents as above may be submitted / sent to:
Consulate General of India, Chicago
455 North Cityfront Plaza
Suite 850, NBC Tower
Chicago, IL 60611
5. Please mention “Miscellaneous Consular Services - PCC” on top of the envelope.
Applying in person: (Facility not available at the moment due to COVID-19)
1. There is no need to take an appointment for this service. Applicants could visit the Consulate on any working day between 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM. The service will be on first come first serve basis.
2. All the above-mentioned documents must be presented in duplicate ( i. e. in original along with the photocopy ) to the Consular Officer.
3. Fee : As mentioned above. Cash is also accepted.
1. Documents accepted as valid US Visa status : (Any one of the following)
• The page containing visa on passport (H1B, H4 etc) and I-94.
• Green Card.
• Employment Authorization Document (Work Permit). I-797, I-140 or I-20 (If approval copy of these notices are pending, also attach a handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status).
2. Documents accepted as proof of current US residence address : (Any one of the following)
• U.S. Drivers license.
• PG&E, Water or land-line telephone bill displaying applicant's address.
• House Lease Agreement.
• State Identification Card.
3. Bank/credit card/mobile phone statements are not accepted as residence proof.
4. The photocopies whether notarized or un-notarized must be legible enough otherwise Consulate may ask to see the original.
5. Only recent photographs (not more than 6 months old) of the applicant should be used wherever necessary.
- Aadhar Card / Pan Card
- Affidavit For Child's Passport To Be Issued In India
- Attestation Of Will
- Attestation Services
- Birth Certificate or Non Availablity of Birth Certificate
- Global Entry Program (GEP) For Indian nationals
- ICWF Fee
- Life Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- No Obligation To Return To India(NORI)
- NOC For Transportation of Mortal Remains and Ashes
- NRI Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) of Foreign Nationals
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) of Indian Nationals
- Power Of Attorney
- Registration Of Birth
- Registration of Marriages already solemnized in USA