Consulate General of IndiaChicago
Serving the states of : Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Affidavit For Child's Passport To Be Issued In India
Affidavit for Child's Passport To Be Issued In India
There is no need to take an appointment. Applicants could visit The Consulate on any working day between 9:30 AM -12:30PM. The service will be on first come first serve basis.
The Consulate reserves the right to reject attestation of documents the contents of which are objectionable or contrary to the Rules.
Note: No service is rendered to B1/B2 VISA holders only. Passport copies are attested for ITIN (Income Tax Identification Number) purpose.
Applying In Person:
Carry originals of all the supporting documents to be presented to the Consular Officer (photocopies of which are to be attached with the application). In case you are not able to present the original documents at the counter bring notarized copy of documents to be attached to the application. Ensure that notarized copy is legible, otherwise Consulate may ask to see the original. However, the affidavit (which is to be attested) should be presented in original
A non-refundable fee of $12 (twelve) per attestation.
If you would like to receive the attested documents back through mail, either send a traceable pre-paid return mailing envelope (USPS 'Express Mail' or FEDEX etc.)
Fees should be paid through Money order or Cashiers’ cheque drawn in favor of the ‘Consulate General of India, Chicago.’ Cash is accepted, only if applying in person. Personal cheques, debit cards, credit cards or other banking instruments are not accepted.
Applying by Mail:
Consulate General of India, Chicago
455 North Cityfront Plaza Dr.
NBC Tower, Suite 850
Chicago, IL 60611
Photocopy of all supporting documents should be notarized and attached to the application.
A non-refundable fee of $12 (twelve) per attestation If you would like to receive the attested documents back through mail, send a traceable pre-paid return mailing envelope (USPS 'Express Mail' or FEDEX etc.)
Fees should be paid through Money order or Cashiers’ cheque drawn in favor of the ‘Consulate General of India, Chicago.’ Personal cheques, debit cards, credit cards or other banking instruments are not accepted.
How to Apply:
- Miscellaneous Services Form – Download and complete the Miscellaneous Application form.
- Attach the following documents with the application form:
- Current passport in original and photocopy of the first page and last page of the passport
- Proof of your US Visa Status:(copy of any one of the following):
- Photocopy of the page containing visa on passport (H1B, H4 etc) and the copy of I-94
- Clear Photocopy of Green Card
- Employment Authorization Document (Work Permit)
- I-797, I-140 or I-20 (If approval copy of these notices are pending, also attach a handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status)
Note: No service is rendered to B1/B2 VISA holders only
- Proof of current US residence address: (copy of any one of the following):
- U.S Driving license.
- PG&E, Water or landline telephone bill displaying applicant’s address
- House Lease Agreement
- State Identification Card
- Note: Bank/credit card/mobile phone statements are not accepted as residence proof
The Form of Affidavit to be Submitted by Parents staying Abroad : Form of Affidavit Application Form. needs to be notarized - send original and a copy.
In case the Consulate receives applications with incomplete documentation, the same would be sent back unprocessed in the return envelope sent by the applicant.
Processing Time :
Applying in person:
- Same day (delivery of attested documents between 3:30 - 5:00 pm)
Applying by mail:
- 10 (ten) business days excluding the time taken in mail
- Aadhar Card/ Permanent Account Number (PAN) -Income Tax
- Affidavit For Child's Passport To Be Issued In India
- Attestation Of Will
- Birth Certificate or Non Availablity of Birth Certificate
- Global Entry Program (GEP) For Indian nationals
- ICWF Fee
- Life Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- NRI Certificate
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Permit to Carry Mortal Remains / Ashes /Attestation of Death Certificate
- Power Of Attorney
- Registration Of Birth
- Solemnization/Registration of Marriage