Consulate General of IndiaChicago
Serving the states of : Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) of Indian Nationals
Consulate General of India
Outsourcing of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Service
for Indian Nationals with VFS Global
With Effect from May 17, 2021, the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) service for Indian Nationals will be handled by the outsourcing partner VFS Global.
Details related to the process can be accessed from the link https://services.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind/apply-for-pcc.
Process: Applicants may apply only according to the Consular Jurisdiction. Only those applicants living in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin seeking PCC may apply in Chicago.
Applicants should apply at https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html. They may create a Login ID choosing Chicago as the Mission / Post and then fill out the online PCC application. While filling up the application, applicants may write their Indian Address and the name of the concerned Police Station, enabling the police authorities to verify their antecedents. After filling the online application, applicants may take a printout and complete the set by enclosing the supporting documents listed below.
1. Notarized copy of passport.
2. Valid US Visa status.
3. Proof of address: US Driving License, Utility Bill, Lease Agreement, State Identity Card, or Mortgage Deed.
4. One color passport-size photograph, to be pasted and to sign below in the respective space.
Please refer to the VFS Global link for the submission of the physical application and payment of fees.
PCC, as per the current Government of India guidelines, would be issued only after clearance from the respective Police authority in India.
** Fee for applicants holding passports issued by Consulate General of India Chicago: $25 as fee and $2 as a contribution towards Indian Community Welfare Fund + Outsourcing charges of $ 15.90 and shipping charges and online payment charges (as applicable).
** Fee for applicants holding passports issued in RPOs and other Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consulates: $40 as fee and $2 as a contribution towards Indian Community Welfare Fund+ Outsourcing charges of $ 15.90 and shipping charges and online payment charges (as applicable).
(Please note that PCC for non-Indian nationals will continue to be processed by the Consulate directly. For details, please refer to the link https://www.cgichicago.gov.in/page/display/244/17 )
- Aadhar Card / Pan Card
- Affidavit For Child's Passport To Be Issued In India
- Attestation Of Will
- Attestation Services
- Birth Certificate or Non Availablity of Birth Certificate
- Global Entry Program (GEP) For Indian nationals
- ICWF Fee
- Life Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- No Obligation To Return To India(NORI)
- NOC For Transportation of Mortal Remains and Ashes
- NRI Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) of Foreign Nationals
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) of Indian Nationals
- Power Of Attorney
- Registration Of Birth
- Registration of Marriages already solemnized in USA